Regarding your concern with the browser, we'd like to confirm if this has been resolved. Feel free to post back so we can provide additional assistance.
Regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?
This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot.
[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Regarding your concern with the browser, we'd like to confirm if this has been resolved. Feel free to post back so we can provide additional assistance.
Regards.
The problem is still there. Thanks for checking.
I only had 2 startup items enabled - one was carbonite. I disabled the other. Chrome still started up with whatever tabs were open the day before when I closed it.
I think I found it! I went to Chrome settings, chose Advanced Options, and close to the bottom I found under System: Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed.
This was on. I turned it off.
I also re-entered the specific pages to open on start up, just to be clear, in the normal settings options.
Everything worked as it should have when I brought up my system twice this morning.