Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-04T03:57:06+00:00

    Hi Judy,

    Based on the information that you've provided, the said browser is still launching automatically even after making changes in the settings. To help you with this, we suggest that you check if the browser is listed on your startup programs and delete it. To do this, please follow the steps below:

    1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. Type shell:startup in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
    3. Locate the browser, then delete it.
    4. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

    For any results, just send us a reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-04T11:27:47+00:00

    Thank you for the suggestion.  There was nothing in the startup folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-05T00:58:10+00:00

    Thank you for the update, Judy.

    In this case, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by DaveM121 on this thread. The step provided by DaveM121 will provide you more detailed view of apps and processes starting in your system. The said post was marked as the answer and may help in sorting out your issue as well.

    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-05T00:58:41+00:00

    I'm having the same problem and tried all the listed suggestions with no improvement. Very frustrating problem! Thank you all for your input so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-05T12:55:40+00:00

    Thank you.  I tried following this but had some questions, which I put in that chain.  Once I hear back I'll post an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments