Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-26T15:28:18+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T19:39:55+00:00

    Thank you for the suggestions.  I changed the option in settings, but that didn't make any difference.  The other 2 links are saying apps that are left open at shutdown are the ones starting back up again, but the only app restarting for me is Chrome, and I always shut it down before shutting down the computer.  I'm a little gun shy of doing my own dos commands, so I'm going to wait and see if other solutions pop up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T23:14:37+00:00

    Pretty much, Google Chrome needs to have an update so that it would work on new Windows update. So Google need to patch it so that it would work properly on the new Windows 10 version.

    Have you tried performing a repair? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T04:29:29+00:00

    I'm having the same problem and it just started occurring recently.  Word is auto -starting upon reboot or shut down.  Do not see Chrome listed among the items in startup to uncheck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T12:06:33+00:00

    Thank you.  Repair isn't an option for Chrome on my computer.  I'm not sure I understand how Google is responsible for the autostarting of a program in windows.  Certainly Google could make changes to work with Windows 10 more smoothly, but it seems to me that Microsoft needs to change something in autostart for this particular problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments