Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-24T11:47:32+00:00

    I tried starting in safe mode - Chrome did not auto start that way.

    I am using version 1709, build 16299.125 and the problem started with the latest update.

    This only happens with Chrome.

    I don't want to uninstall because I have a lot of saved bookmarks and I would hate to lose those in the process.

    Thanks - does this help you narrow down where the problem is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-24T20:51:51+00:00

    Since you're unable to uninstall then reinstall the application because you have many bookmarks saved to it and the issue is within the application, we suggest that you contact the software developer for more troubleshooting steps.

    Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-25T16:00:01+00:00

    That's an interesting response, but not very helpful.  This wasn't an issue until the update.  My understanding is that the auto start features of windows should control what starts when I boot up.  Chrome isn't on that list.  Wouldn't that indicate there is something amiss in Windows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-26T14:58:21+00:00

    I've noticed with the past few updates that my Chrome also no longer shows up in the startup list for task manager or CCLeaner. I can backup/restore my Chrome in regards to bookmarks as it's fairly easy to do with export/import. I was wondering if anyone else that is experiencing the issue with Chrome starting up with Windows is using Avast as their Anti-Virus? I'm wondering if it's possible that Avast has somehow blocked/hidden Chrome from the startup options since it works autonomously in the background.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-26T15:19:20+00:00

    I’m using Norton antivirus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments