Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T16:59:51+00:00

    I think I found it!  I went to Chrome settings, chose Advanced Options, and close to the bottom I found under System: Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed. 

    This was on.  I turned it off. 

    I also re-entered the specific pages to open on start up, just to be clear, in the normal settings options.

    Everything worked as it should have when I brought up my system twice this morning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T11:34:58+00:00

    I only had 2 startup items enabled - one was carbonite.  I disabled the other.  Chrome still started up with whatever tabs were open the day before when I closed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T20:49:35+00:00

    Does chrome open to a particular page?

    It may not be Chrome that you are looking for. Something else could be called, and the default program that opens happens to be Chrome.

    Can you disable startup items from the Task Manager, and go through a process of elimination.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T18:31:27+00:00

    The problem is still there.  Thanks for checking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-11T22:28:36+00:00

    Regarding your concern with the browser, we'd like to confirm if this has been resolved. Feel free to post back so we can provide additional assistance.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments