Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T15:39:17+00:00

    Hi Judy,

    Any program or application that is running should appear in task manager. If you are still experiencing the automatic launching of the browser, we suggest installing the KB4073291 (OS Build 16299.201) and then check if the issue persists.

    Keep us updated on the status of your concern.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T14:50:51+00:00

    it is showing in task manager when it is running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T09:57:44+00:00

    Hi,

    We're glad to know that the issue you had with a browser that is automatically launching upon startup is already resolved. The application will only show up in task manager once it is already running. If the browsers is not showing up in the task manager even after launching it, we suggest performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

    We are looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-16T14:18:48+00:00

    I was having the same issue as well, with Chrome auto opening to the last page/pages that I had open before I closed it & turning off my Laptop. I also close all open programs before I turn off my laptop so I don't have to worry about any error messages. I also did what Lucy did in checking through my Advanced options, but with mine I didn't make any changes, but I did check for updates & update my Chrome. After updating it, the auto start stopped, but it still doesn't show up in the start up options/tasks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-16T05:35:34+00:00

    We’re glad to know that your concern has been resolved at the time that you’ve made some changes with the browser. Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments