Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-02T19:33:07+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    We would like to make a check on this issue if are you still experiencing the issue. Aside from the steps that was suggested on thread, we would also like you to perform the steps that Rolando Vil last January 22, 2018. This is so we would be able to have a clearer way to reproduce the issue.

    Please don't hesitate to get back to us.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-24T16:22:42+00:00

    Hi,

    Just to verify, are you also having the same issue as the other members on this thread wherein the Google Chrome starts automatically on Windows 10? Have you tried the resolution provided by JudyKane that was posted last January 16, 2018? It is on the 3^rd^ page of this thread.

    Let us know if that works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T12:37:09+00:00

    12 identical PCs...  all of them have this problem.  There is no startup entry for Chrome.  As far as I can tell, Cortana is trying to "pick up where I left of" but I never told it to & I don't want it to.  I've never even signed into microsoft accounts on these particular computers, it's a lab, only local accounts...  Windows 10 makes you sign into a microsoft account before you can even see the toggle for the setting, so this is pretty shifty..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T03:27:41+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing your workaround with us. This should help other Community members who are having the same issues.

    Also, we suggest that you send a feedback using the Feedback Hub. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. To submit a new feedback, please follow the steps listed below:

    1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done
    5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub
    7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)
    8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share
    9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>)

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T15:57:00+00:00

    Hi,

    We're glad to know that the issue you had with a browser that is automatically launching upon startup is already resolved. The application will only show up in task manager once it is already running. If the browsers is not showing up in the task manager even after launching it, we suggest performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

    We are looking forward to your response.

    I updated my browser, & adjusted settings in the browser's advanced settings. One of these two is what I believe stopped the automatic startup of my browser. Before I was able to get it to stop, I was not seeing my browser listed in the startup list to disable it from opening up during my startup sequence. I even used CCleaner's tools to check the start up list, to attempt to disable the automatic startup of my browser that way.

    When the browser is open, it does show up in the Task Manager, that wasn't an issue for me. It just never showed up in the Task Manager Startup tab. Before or after I got it fixed. 

    I'm hoping that by putting this information out there, that one of these many potential fix solutions might benefit other's that are also having this same issue. I'm also hoping that Microsoft might investigate why a program that was starting up with windows wasn't showing up in the startup list to be disabled? Unless that's on the programmer's of the offending program to code into their program?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments