Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Anonymous
2017-11-23T11:59:56+00:00

Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?

This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot. 

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 /  Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-30T02:40:25+00:00

    Go too default apps under settings and make your browser anything BUT Chrome. This fixed it for me. 

    That's nice, but I actually want Chrome as my default browser, so this isn't a good solution for me. How to I keep Chrome as my default Windows browser and stop it from opening on startup? The solutions marked earlier in this thread have not worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-24T11:47:32+00:00

    I tried starting in safe mode - Chrome did not auto start that way.

    I am using version 1709, build 16299.125 and the problem started with the latest update.

    This only happens with Chrome.

    I don't want to uninstall because I have a lot of saved bookmarks and I would hate to lose those in the process.

    Thanks - does this help you narrow down where the problem is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T23:29:16+00:00

    Hi Judy,

    One possible cause why you're experiencing issue with your application due to a corrupted or an outdated application. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by Anne Ros?
    • Which build and version Windows are you using?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling chrome?
    • Does this happen only with your Google Chrome or with other application also?

    We're looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T11:09:19+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-11T12:36:50+00:00

    Hi Anton,

    Since you're having the same issue as the original poster, we'd like to know if you tried booting your PC in safe mode and see if the issue will occur.

    You can also check this thread for more information regarding the issue of programs starting up when the PC is rebooted and see if the provided workarounds will help resolve the issue.

    Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments