We’re glad to know that your concern has been resolved at the time that you’ve made some changes with the browser. Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.
Regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Can anyone suggest me how to STOP Google Chrome from automatic launch during Windows 10 STARTUP ?
This problem started after few regular boots post updating Windows 10 to Build 1709 (OS build 16299.64) & Chrome to latest version(Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I've already checked the Startup tab from the taskbar , which I earlier Disabled for chrome from startup. But it is annoying every time I boot.
[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
We’re glad to know that your concern has been resolved at the time that you’ve made some changes with the browser. Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.
Regards.
Thank you. I tried following this but had some questions, which I put in that chain. Once I hear back I'll post an update.
Hi Judy,
Based on the information that you've provided, the said browser is still launching automatically even after making changes in the settings. To help you with this, we suggest that you check if the browser is listed on your startup programs and delete it. To do this, please follow the steps below:
For any results, just send us a reply.
Pretty much, Google Chrome needs to have an update so that it would work on new Windows update. So Google need to patch it so that it would work properly on the new Windows 10 version.
Have you tried performing a repair? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10
Hi,
It can be a possible software conflict. To help you resolve the issue and for us to isolate the cause of the issue, try booting your PC in safe mode by starting up your PC using a limited set of drivers. It helps troubleshoot problems in the PC. You can also run an antivirus scan on your PC as it can also be a possible virus causing the issue.
Keep us in the loop with the result.