I explained it is likely a browser hijacker. Now if you'll go back and complete the steps I gave you then it will probably fix it. It would have been done an hour ago if you'd cooperated.
Good luck.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi every now and then with no user interaction my default web browser firefox opens to the msn home page (my home page is google)(this also happens if edge is set as the default browser). It is completely random and comes up over whatever I'm currently doing on my computer stopping me in my tracks this is very annoying. I've run anti virus software and its come up clean, I reloaded my operating and it returned after a few weeks and I haven't added new apps or software that may have caused it. The only thing I've found that may be involved is a system restore point automatically created by windows module installer what its for I have no idea, so I tried a restore point prior to that date and the issue seemed to go away but alas it has returned this time there hasn't been a restore point created by anything that might indicate a change. Any ideas on what be triggering my web browser to open to msn?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I explained it is likely a browser hijacker. Now if you'll go back and complete the steps I gave you then it will probably fix it. It would have been done an hour ago if you'd cooperated.
Good luck.
I said whatever is set as my default browser firefox edge chrome etc randomly opens with no user interaction to MSN, my homepage in all of them is google, MSN never sets itself as my homepage. Why is my default browser randomly opening to MSN all by itself? This has absolutely nothing to do with what is set as my homepage nor which browser I am using (MSN isn't a browser who said it was). There is a registry hack that fixes the issue but I'm trying to find out which windows component is causing it as I'd rather not hack the registry.