Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly

Anonymous
2018-03-13T12:34:08+00:00

Hi every now and then with no user interaction my default web browser firefox opens to the msn home page (my home page is google)(this also happens if edge is set as the default browser). It is completely random and comes up over whatever I'm currently doing on my computer stopping me in my tracks this is very annoying. I've run anti virus software and its come up clean, I reloaded my operating and it returned after a few weeks and I haven't added new apps or software that may have caused it. The only thing I've found that may be involved is a system restore point automatically created by windows module installer what its for I have no idea, so I tried a restore point prior to that date and the issue seemed to go away but alas it has returned this time there hasn't been a restore point created by anything that might indicate a change. Any ideas on what be triggering my web browser to open to msn?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

60 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-12T06:52:39+00:00

    ok having a look but cant access the link you provided. I'm trying to avoid registry hacks. I only have one web based connection listed on device in question thats for ethernet. could there be a phantom one hiding from me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-30T10:57:23+00:00

    No bios update available what next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-29T02:48:20+00:00

    Haven't had a chance to try last proposed solution yet will post back when I've tried. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-24T15:55:54+00:00

    Ok will do thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments