Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

Anonymous
2018-01-07T06:45:38+00:00

I'm on windows 10 and I made an account for Sea of Thieves. When I tried to make an xbox party with the people in my crew it made a super loud, continuous buzzing noise in their headphones unless I mute myself. I've checked the ports and its happened on both of my headsets (forgot the name of one and astro a10s). I don't know what the problem is and I want to be able to use xbox party chat.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-02-24T09:51:02+00:00

I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-13T02:39:21+00:00

    Seems to be working for most people, but doesn't work for me. Any extra tips?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-03T04:49:35+00:00

    Seems to be working for most people, but doesn't work for me. Any extra tips?

    How to Correct the Mic Settings in Xbox Applications

    1. Sometimes headsets make a very loud noise for the other users in the chatroom.
    2. Once we find that all other efforts have been exhausted, we reset the Microsoft Application store.
    3. Go to the Windows Search Bar.
    4. Enter Troubleshoot.
    5. Select to troubleshoot the Xbox Application.
      1. There may be several applications that are Xbox Applications.
      2. The one we are searching for has a mic setting. Find that one.
      3. Click Advanced Options.
    6. Scroll all the way down and select reset/restart.
    7. Once it is reset, open the Xbox App and attempt to join a party. Do not make any mic changes before then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-03T20:49:16+00:00

    my xbox party chat is just making a huge crakiling noise and its making my friends not wanting to play with me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-01T00:03:02+00:00

    THIS WORKS! thank you so much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments