Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

Anonymous
2018-01-07T06:45:38+00:00

I'm on windows 10 and I made an account for Sea of Thieves. When I tried to make an xbox party with the people in my crew it made a super loud, continuous buzzing noise in their headphones unless I mute myself. I've checked the ports and its happened on both of my headsets (forgot the name of one and astro a10s). I don't know what the problem is and I want to be able to use xbox party chat.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-02-24T09:51:02+00:00

I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-16T14:14:17+00:00

    Now where is the sound icon located. Xbox app? Windows? Task Manager?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-16T22:38:58+00:00

    We appreciate your patience and cooperation in resolving this concern. Let us perform a clean boot on your computer. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

    If the issue persists, kindly try using a different Windows device and check if the same issue will occur.

    Keep us updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T22:21:04+00:00

    It didn't work, when i connected to a party it still made a loud buzzing noise. Whenever i was in a party by myself it didnt make the noise but as soon as someone joined it started.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T18:16:18+00:00

    Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Let us further isolate this concern, by creating a new local user and use the local user and check if the issue persists. To create a local user, you may refer to the link below:

    Create a local user or administration account in Windows 10

    Kindly notify us with the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments