Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

Anonymous
2018-01-07T06:45:38+00:00

I'm on windows 10 and I made an account for Sea of Thieves. When I tried to make an xbox party with the people in my crew it made a super loud, continuous buzzing noise in their headphones unless I mute myself. I've checked the ports and its happened on both of my headsets (forgot the name of one and astro a10s). I don't know what the problem is and I want to be able to use xbox party chat.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-02-24T09:51:02+00:00

I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-18T01:19:26+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH BROTHER

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-11T09:49:09+00:00

    I found the sound button, but when I right click it, all the buttons are "Open Volume Mixer", "Open sound settings", "Spatial sound", "Sound", and "Troubleshoot sound problems". Help? I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, and I don't know what's wrong.

    same here, i need help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-15T02:12:50+00:00

    I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

    Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

    Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

    Darth you are an actual genius. You solved an issue that not even a Microsoft employee couldn't fix. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-07T14:40:43+00:00

    so I found where I can change this but when I change it nothing happens and I go back tot he advanced settings and its still set as default as if it never changed when I set it to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments