Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

Anonymous
2018-01-07T06:45:38+00:00

I'm on windows 10 and I made an account for Sea of Thieves. When I tried to make an xbox party with the people in my crew it made a super loud, continuous buzzing noise in their headphones unless I mute myself. I've checked the ports and its happened on both of my headsets (forgot the name of one and astro a10s). I don't know what the problem is and I want to be able to use xbox party chat.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-02-24T09:51:02+00:00

I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-19T03:42:56+00:00

    Thanks Alot Fixed My Problom

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T22:28:29+00:00

    Thanks for the update. Let us further isolate the issue, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

    1. Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

    Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-16T10:44:44+00:00

    I've uninstalled the xbox app using the command line you gave but now the windows store isn't letting me download the xbox app again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T22:21:04+00:00

    It didn't work, when i connected to a party it still made a loud buzzing noise. Whenever i was in a party by myself it didnt make the noise but as soon as someone joined it started.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments