Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

Anonymous
2018-01-07T06:45:38+00:00

I'm on windows 10 and I made an account for Sea of Thieves. When I tried to make an xbox party with the people in my crew it made a super loud, continuous buzzing noise in their headphones unless I mute myself. I've checked the ports and its happened on both of my headsets (forgot the name of one and astro a10s). I don't know what the problem is and I want to be able to use xbox party chat.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-02-24T09:51:02+00:00

I found this when trying to figure out the issue myself. I see the suggestions provided were not overly helpful. It is an issue with your bit rate/bit depth not being compatible with the xbox party chat. 

Right click sound icon on bottom right, select recording devices, highlight your mic device, select properties, advanced tab, change bit rate to DVD quality 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz.

Now just make sure the xbox app is still set to the correct device and it should clear up the awful buzzing.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-17T16:09:59+00:00

    On the bottom right part of your screen, on the task bar. Should be next to the network icon. Right-click it > Playback devices > right-click your microphone > properties > advanced > change the format to 96000hz

    hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-31T07:05:41+00:00

    I figured it out for my mic, Astro A-10. Right click the sound icon in the bottom right > click Sounds > click Recording tab > click the Microphone > click Levels > lower the Micrphone Array. 

    Hope it helps! I would appreciate it if you could let me know whether or not it fixes the problem! Please and thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-19T03:03:25+00:00

    DARTH.....you should work for Microsoft...your way smarter.   YOUR suggestion worked.  I been so mad about this lame xbox junk app.  I even ordered a new gaming headset and mic.  Finally this post showed up when I googled a complaint about this garbage app and seen this, and your reply...and IT WORKS.  Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!   get it together Microsoft techs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-09T03:09:22+00:00
    1. About a month ago when i signed up, it has never worked
    2. No i haven't
    3. No not with anything concerning xbox or microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments