Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-05T05:27:32+00:00

    Ha the same problem before...

    Try turning off mono audio in ease of access audio settings. as soon as i did this it fixed my problem of not being able to select a spacial sound format. Allowed me to use Dolby atmos or windows sonic. 

    Hopefully this helps someone

    Hey, mono audio on my device is already deselected. But can u please tell me which headphones do u use for listening audio??? :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-14T16:10:52+00:00

    From your desktop, tap or click on the Start icon at the left-bottom corner, and open the Settings app from the Start menu.

    * Navigate to the Privacy category, and select the Micro Phone tab in the left pane.

    * Go to its right side pane, locate the “Let Apps Use My Micro Phone” option, and toggle its switch from On to Off.

    * Then select the Other Devices tab in the left side, and also disable the Let Apps Use My Micro Phone function.

    * Return to the main screen of Settings app, go to Easy To Access > Other Options, and turn the “Mono Audio” off completely. Now play video or music to check if it works in Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-23T15:02:08+00:00

    It's work. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-14T02:47:34+00:00

    This happened to me when I install Nx 3D. Before that, I could use Dolby Access by choosing the spatial sound. I have tried reinstall sound driver, windows but it didn't work at all. I hope someone could help me out. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-27T20:43:05+00:00

    I got a Plantronics RIG 500e. It comes with both USB and 3.5mm, which Dobly Atmos for Headphones and Windows Sonic for Headphones work. None works for USB mode. I swear Spatial Sound works with USB before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments