Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-18T16:14:35+00:00

    Hello,

    I had the same problem but I think I got the reason behind it.

    Your Lenovo PC comes with 

    Audio JBL^®^ Stereo Speakers with Dolby^®^ Audio Premium

    so the updated audio driver in your PC disables the spatial sound.

    When you check the speaker properties you can see JBL tab in it (HARMAN in my case, Lenovo Ideapad 510).

    If you want the spacial sound in your PC, you will have to roll back your driver to the oldest version i.e without audio driver update.

    But I think the default provider in Lenovo PCs, JBL in your case, is also good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-19T05:51:47+00:00

    Hello,

    I had the same problem but I think I got the reason behind it.

    Your Lenovo PC comes with 

    Audio JBL^®^ Stereo Speakers with Dolby^®^ Audio Premium

    so the updated audio driver in your PC disables the spatial sound.

    When you check the speaker properties you can see JBL tab in it (HARMAN in my case, Lenovo Ideapad 510).

    If you want the spacial sound in your PC, you will have to roll back your driver to the oldest version i.e without audio driver update.

    But I think the default provider in Lenovo PCs, JBL in your case, is also good.

      • -   - - -   - - -

    [quoted]

     Okay I to have Same problem ( You can see the Version and my Laptops Sound cards version Down below)  In my Laptop I saw that Driver and it Works perfectly with the Old Windows 10 Pro Version 1607(Anniversary Update) But After the Version 1703(Creators Update) itself It's Not working Instead it shows the Tab Spatial Sound But Whenever I tries to Click Dolby Atmos for Headphones and Click Okay Its say "Something went wrong While trying to Turn on Spatial sound " And 7.1 virtual Surround Check box went Grey and Now I have 1709(Falls creator Update) Version of Windows10 Pro So What can I Do?  Here are Some Pictures So please Help me Buddy !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T11:23:54+00:00

    on my case  ..the reason was turning "mono sound" on _from setting_

    and "disable all sound effects " in "enhancement "on speaker properties must be checked

    when i changed them ..spatial sound worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-22T19:59:25+00:00

    I had the same problem several times... What I did was to install dolby atmos for headphones (the trial version) and then windows sonic became available again. After a while the same problem occurred and I just uninstalled dolby atmos and windows sonic became available again and so on... I know it sounds stupid but it actually worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T04:08:23+00:00

    i have the same problem with a dell experion 15 5000 gaming laptop. The problem is, the speakers and headphones are treated as one device instead of two seperate devices so spatial sound cant be enabled.  I have it enabled on my dell desktop, so that i can use dolby access for headphones or windows sonic.  Is there a specific fix for this, i already tried updating the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments