Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T01:43:25+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    I have Dolby Audio as a sound enhancement on my device. Spatial sound became available when I switched off the Dolby Audio function. The 2 features apparently can't be functioning at the same time, for my device at least.

    @AbdulMohi1 perhaps you can try what i just did, disable any other sound enhancement feature you may have and then see if the spatial sound becomes available for you.

    Thanks for all your responses!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T14:38:58+00:00

    Hi, 

    I had a similar issue. In my case, it was with the Realtek Audio Driver getting installed as the default driver for the speakers. This would remove headphones from the device list, speakers became the only option for sound output and spatial sound settings got muted. I got this issue resolved by doing a rollback to Microsoft driver. More info is available here. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T17:54:40+00:00

    I agree with your statement, I am encountering the same issue and tried everything. I also purchased the dolbly atmos and still not able to select anything in the spatial sound tab?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T20:43:28+00:00

    Hi Joseph,

    Based on the details provided on this thread, I recommend that you update your drivers and see if there are any changes. To update your driver, follow these steps:

    1. On the search bar, type Device Manager.
    2. Expand the selected driver that you want to update.
    3. Right-click and choose Update Driver.
    4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    5. If Windows cannot find any driver update, download and install the driver from your manufacturer's website.

    For more information regarding how to update your drivers, kindly refer to the article entitled "Update drivers in Windows 10".

    If your drivers are already updated, access Device Manager > under Action, select scan for hardware changes.

    If the issue persists, check if the issue occur in safe mode. To access safe mode, there are two ways to start your PC in safe mode, first is from the Settings and second is from the sign-in screen. To access safe mode, follow these steps:

    From Settings:

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Update & Security.
    3. Select Recovery and click on Restart Now.
    4. In Choose an option screen, select Trouble shoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe mode and 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.

    From the sign-in screen:

    1. Hold the Shift key + Power > Restart.
    2. In Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    3. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe mode and 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.

    For more information regarding how to access safe mode, refer to the article entitled "Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10".

    1 of 2

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T20:44:05+00:00

    2 of 2

    When you are in safe mode, perform a clean boot and restart your PC to normal mode to check if there are any changes. To perform clean boot, follow these steps:

    1. On the search bar, type msconfig and hit Enter.
    2. Check the check box Hide all Microsoft services, click on Disable all and click OK.
    3. Under Startup tab, click on open Task Manager.
    4. Under startup tab in Task Manager, select the startup items and click Disable.
    5. Close Task Manager, under Startup tab of System Configuration, click OK.
    6. Restart PC.

    For more information regarding clean boot, refer to the article entitled "How to perform a clean boot in Windows".

    Note: Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Regards.

    If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments