Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T11:13:09+00:00

    We appreciate your feedback. Our Microsoft Engineers would appreciate this valuable observation. We encourage you to submit this as a feedback in our Windows Feedback Hub application for us to have better visibility on what we need to work with our products and services. You can report this issue or upvote an existing feedback item by following the steps provided on this link.

    Help us make Windows better.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-03T14:43:23+00:00

    Hello,

    The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow these steps:

    1. In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    2. In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    3. Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    4. Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    5. Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

    If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

    Regards.

    I think it's pretty obvious that he wasn't looking for that answer. He clearly explained that he's not able to turn on the spatial sound and not that he's unable to find a way to turn the spatial sound on. I've got the same problem and I too am looking for answers. Thank you for being nice enough to come up with an answer but please read the questions carefully before answerig them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-01T15:12:56+00:00

    Hello,

    The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow these steps:

    1. In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    2. In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    3. Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    4. Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    5. Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

    If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-31T18:45:15+00:00

    Hi Michelle,

    Sorry for my late response. The answer to your questions re as follows:

    1. It has been recurring. I tried reinstalling the driver as prompted by the audio troubleshooter. The spatial sound option would be available after reinstalling the driver. It then disappears the next time I use of my pc. Tried this process a few times but the result is always the same.
    2. There was no error message. At the spatial sound tab, it says "Spatial sound is not available on this device". The option to select None, Windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones are greyd out. 
    3. I have updated my driver. it is the latest available update from Lenovo support.

        Driver provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

        Driver date: 07/03/2017

        Driver version: 6.0.1.8083

    I hope my answers help solve this problem.

    Regards,

    Paulo

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T05:48:12+00:00

    Hello Paulo,

    We still can't identify the possible causes of this spatial sound format issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

    • Is this the first time you experience this issue?
    • Can you tell us the error messages, if there's any?
    • Have you also tried updating your drivers?

    Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter in this link. It will diagnose and provide a remedy for the sound issues.

    We look forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments