Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-25T22:35:19+00:00

    Hi,

    I have been through all the above and I am still unable to turn on Dolby Atmos for Headphones for my headphones. What should I do. My computer is fully updated windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-26T06:40:44+00:00

    I have the same issue, but I'm on a brand new Dell XPS: The only choice to select from is "Off" (and sound is Mono too). However, I noticed that this happens only when I use the Bluetooth headset; if I connect a wired headset instead, everything works fine and I can choose either of these two options: "Windows Sonic for Headphones" or "Dolby Atmos for Headphones". Why is that, and how do I get the Bluetooth headset to work like the wired headset? Thx

    Hello,

    The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow these steps:

    1. In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    2. In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    3. Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    4. Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    5. Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

    If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-20T18:14:43+00:00

    Thank you for your time and response. Peace and blessings to you. Happy holidays.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-20T14:48:50+00:00

    I had a similar problem with my astro mixamp TR, the "Windows Sonic" option was greyed out, even though the mixamp TR is advertised as compatible with Windows Sonic. In my case, I was able to fix it by selecting "Open Sound Settings", and inspecting the output device I found "Headphones (Astro MixAmp Pro Game)" was selected by default, but there was also an option "Headset Earphone (2- Astro MixAmp Pro Voice)". Selecting the latter made it possible to enable Windows Sonic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-18T20:55:14+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH @Deepak kehal

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments