Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-27T17:15:52+00:00

    Hey guys, I got an answer from the audio team from Microsoft. They said in the latest Windows Insider Build (Fast Ring) they have a potential fix. I updated and so far so good. Sometimes on start up as before it switches to Stereo or 7.1 but I could always go back to Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.

    If you still have a problem, test the newest Insider Build. I will report back if the error will come back with this version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-09T07:04:16+00:00

    I got it, had 2 headphone icons one headset and one called stereo sound. disabled headset and abled the other and then spatial sound came up when in tried

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-09T06:25:24+00:00

    hi,

    so i have windows 10 and went and right clicked on volume icon /sound and there is no option for playback devices.

    Also Spatial sound is greyed out as well.

    Im trying to use spatial sound for my headphones and it wont give me option anywhere.

    What is up with this.

    can anybody help

    thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-17T21:25:05+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue.

    I have a 7.1 surround headset anyway, but in order to hear the extra dolby atmos stuff, I need to turn dolby atmos on.

    In order for the option to even appear, I need to drop the quality to 16bit 48000hz (which seems a bit weird - I usually run at 24bit 48000hz), and I also have to disable all the native effects.

    However, when I select "dolby atmos for headphones" in the Spatial settings, and click "Apply" it instantly selects "off" in the Spatial settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-10T02:29:32+00:00

    Same issue, My dolby atmos and windows sonic just randomly greyed out.  They were working a few days ago, no driver or any updates to the sound.  I do have a dell system as well.  Corsair dolby atmos headphones. NOTHING has worked. This thread or anywhere else I've found nothing to work.  This really sucks and it's about time we get a Dolby or MS response to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments