Try this How to fix api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is ...
missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-02-20T15:50:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-02-25T13:09:44+00:00 네
네
내
내
네
네
-
Anonymous
2018-02-27T22:08:42+00:00 I was one of the first to have the problem. Been researching it and found the solution late last night...much simpler than that posted.
I'm running the upgrade right now. When you get the error do the copy/paste and hit Retry.
Copy and Paste wimgapi.dll from C: Windows/System32/wimgapi.dll to C:Windows10Upgrade/wimgapi.dll
The date on the System32 dll is 7/13/17.
Good Luck
wimgapi.dll doesnt exist in C: Windows/System32 I can't find it anywhere although the appropriate folder does exist in the upgrade folder. Where to download it?
Should I just use the reinstall discs I made for windows 7 when I first got the computer?
Hi TeresaPO,
I hope that by now, 2 months later, you were able to get around the problem, but I thought I'd post here for future readers as to how to get the wimgapi.dll off of the installation disc. Unfortunately, getting it off of the installation disc requires extracting the .dll file from a .wim file on the disc; in other words, it's not as easy as would be to simply get it out of the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
For readers who'd like to try this method anyway, simply install an archive management program (e.g. 7-zip, PeaZip, WinZip, WinRar, etc.). Then, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your disc drive (on many computers, it is the D: drive). Open the Sources folder (e.g. D:\Sources), and find the install.wim file. Open this file with your archive manager (I use 7-Zip). Now navigate to [D:]\sources\install.wim\1\Windows\System32\ and scroll down (or search for) the wimgapi.dll file. You can now copy/paste (or drag) this file into the C:\Windows10Upgrade folder, as Ed and others have mentioned.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-28T11:34:21+00:00 please help