That did it. Thanks very much! Happy New Year!
missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-30T21:57:31+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-30T22:10:33+00:00 My son helped me resolve this issue. Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-31T00:54:10+00:00 How do I download the missing
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-ld11
It prevents me from installing windows 10
-
Anonymous
2017-12-31T02:57:31+00:00 Hi - You need to go to the 1st reply under this thread that mentions copying & pasting a dll file & follow the instructions. Its a matter of replacing the windows 10 Upgrade file with the regular Windows dll file of the same name. Just a simple copy & paste. I followed the procedures & it worked. You do this copy/paste (replace) of the file when the 10 update errors out. Then copy/paste (replace) the file and hit "try again". The windows 10 update will run smoothly afterwards. I am sorry but I did this several nights ago & forgot the exact name of the file but it is in the error code thread.
Good Luck!
-
Anonymous
2017-12-31T03:46:44+00:00 You don't have to download it. It is already present in C:\Windows\System32 folder. Just copy it and paste it in the C:\Windowsupdate folder.