11111111
missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-28T13:14:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-28T13:16:21+00:00 11111111
I had the same "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll" missing issue
when upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10
and finally I saw your post and tried fixing the problem
by "Replacing
C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with the one from C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll". It works.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-29T15:36:59+00:00 im trying but how can I get the screen to show where I can copy and paste
-
Anonymous
2017-12-30T21:24:49+00:00 Worked for me as well
Thx
GL
-
Anonymous
2017-12-30T21:51:32+00:00 This is the last day and I got the Solution.
- Go to Local Disk C -> Windows -> System32and search for **'WIMG'**and copy the file.
- Paste it in the WindowsUpdate folder in C.
- Start the updater and problem will be solved.