missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-25T07:34:41+00:00

    Error message was: "api-ms--win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing"

    This worked for me also.

    I copy and paste wimgapi.dll from C: Windows/System32/wimgapi.dll to "Windows10Upgrade" folder.

    Thanks Burnett

    Uttam

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-25T17:04:38+00:00

    Thank you for fix to issue.  Merry Christmas

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-27T17:06:53+00:00

    Try replacing C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-27T17:15:51+00:00

    Sudopro,

    I found several things to try, and I tried several things. This specifically did work. Thank you for your help. Doug

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T10:26:06+00:00

    You save my day Ed!!! Thanks a lot!! :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments