Thanks, this worked for me as well. The only difference is that the System32 wimgapi.dll date is 7/13/2009.
missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-20T21:13:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-20T22:12:39+00:00 Sorry, I guessed at the date. My point was it was older. Might depend on your system too. Whatever it worked nicely. Too bad you can't depend on MS for a clean upgrade.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-21T03:12:30+00:00 I have moved onto another task and haven’t tried but will tomorrow. Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2017-12-21T17:21:37+00:00 This worked like a charm & now upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit - with NO apparent issues.
Question: Since I replaced the wimgapi.dll that came with Windows 10 with the Windows 7 version of it, should I go and put the Windows 10 version of wimgapi.dll In System32 folder? If so, I no longer have the Windows 10 version of wimgapi.dll and wondering where to get it.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-23T05:21:18+00:00 I had shoulder length hair BEFORE I started this process.....now bald! It's a real pity that Microsoft couldn't be more proactive with these common problems!
Fix worked fine THANKS!!!