Yes same issue here.. Fresh Dell Load of Windows7 passes all checks then crashes with same error as you.
missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-19T19:33:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-19T23:20:51+00:00 Same problem here.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-20T01:53:40+00:00 Same exact problem, does anyone have a solution?
-
Anonymous
2017-12-20T02:22:06+00:00 not that I have seen online. this seems to be a recent problem or at lease the posts I have read are recent. no response from MS I have seen.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-20T02:50:52+00:00 Also fresh install of Dell based windows 7 home premium