Sudopro,
I found several things to try, and I tried several things. This specifically did work. Thank you for your help. Doug
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.
Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Sudopro,
I found several things to try, and I tried several things. This specifically did work. Thank you for your help. Doug
Try replacing C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll.
Thank you for fix to issue. Merry Christmas
Error message was: "api-ms--win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing"
This worked for me also.
I copy and paste wimgapi.dll from C: Windows/System32/wimgapi.dll to "Windows10Upgrade" folder.
Thanks Burnett
Uttam
I had shoulder length hair BEFORE I started this process.....now bald! It's a real pity that Microsoft couldn't be more proactive with these common problems!
Fix worked fine THANKS!!!