missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T21:24:49+00:00

    Worked for me as well

    Thx

    GL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T15:36:59+00:00

    im trying but how can I get the screen to show where I can copy and paste

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T13:16:21+00:00

    11111111

    I had the same "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll" missing issue 

    when upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 

    and finally I saw your post and tried fixing the problem 

    by "Replacing 

    C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with the one from C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll". It works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T13:14:49+00:00

    11111111

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T10:26:06+00:00

    You save my day Ed!!! Thanks a lot!! :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments