missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-31T02:57:31+00:00

    Hi - You need to go to the 1st reply under this thread that mentions copying & pasting a dll file & follow the instructions.  Its a matter of replacing the windows 10 Upgrade file with the regular Windows dll file of the same name.  Just a simple copy & paste.  I followed the procedures & it worked.  You do this copy/paste (replace) of the file when the 10 update errors out.  Then copy/paste (replace) the file and hit "try again".  The windows 10 update will run smoothly afterwards.  I am sorry but I did this several nights ago & forgot the exact name of the file but it is in the error code thread.

    Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-31T00:54:10+00:00

    How do I download the missing

    api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-ld11

    It prevents me from installing windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T22:10:33+00:00

    My son helped me resolve this issue.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T21:57:31+00:00

    That did it. Thanks very much! Happy New Year!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T21:51:32+00:00

    This is the last day and I got the Solution.

    1. Go to Local Disk C -> Windows -> System32and search for **'WIMG'**and copy the file.
    2. Paste it in the WindowsUpdate folder in C.
    3. Start the updater and problem will be solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments