missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-05T18:24:57+00:00

    Try this for a quick fix.https://www.dll-files.com/api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T15:58:17+00:00

    missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-01T10:07:58+00:00

    When you get the error do the below copy/paste (replace) and hit Retry.

    Copy and Paste (replace) wimgapi.dll from your regular C:Windows/System32/wimgapi.dll to C:Windows10Upgrade/wimgapi.dll

    Good Luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-01T09:18:42+00:00

    I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. How do I find and install the api.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-31T23:43:10+00:00

    Thats weird!  I found the file on my C disk with no problem?  Hmmm...seems to me the file should be on the install disks yeah, but that'll be a pain in ass unless you can do some sort of search of the 7 install disks - yeah.  

    Listen - I am no expert here with this stuff.  I am sure there are many more MORE qualified people to answer your questions.  Not trying to get rid of your comments - just don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.  Let me know how it goes!

    I would try one more time though - on the regular computer C drive - lookimg for that file.  I do not know HOW it couldn't be there?  You ran the 10 update until it errored out - right?  THEN went lookimg formthe dll file?

    Good luck & again - Let me know how it goes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments