missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T22:10:33+00:00

    My son helped me resolve this issue.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T21:57:31+00:00

    That did it. Thanks very much! Happy New Year!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-30T21:24:49+00:00

    Worked for me as well

    Thx

    GL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T15:36:59+00:00

    im trying but how can I get the screen to show where I can copy and paste

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-28T13:14:49+00:00

    11111111

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments