missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll preventing me from upgrading to windows 10

Anonymous
2017-12-19T17:27:14+00:00

I'm currently on windows 7 and whenever I run Windows 10 upgrade assistant it gets to 99 then tells me I'm missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. I've tried running it on a clean boot, I've ran system cleanups to repair any corrupt files, I tried removing my antivirus, and still it won't work.

Does anyone have any other methods to fix so I can upgrade? any help appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-27T17:06:53+00:00

    Try replacing C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-25T07:34:41+00:00

    Error message was: "api-ms--win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing"

    This worked for me also.

    I copy and paste wimgapi.dll from C: Windows/System32/wimgapi.dll to "Windows10Upgrade" folder.

    Thanks Burnett

    Uttam

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-20T22:12:39+00:00

    Sorry, I guessed at the date. My point was it was older. Might depend on your system too. Whatever it worked nicely. Too bad you can't depend on MS for a clean upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-21T03:12:30+00:00

    I have moved onto another task and haven’t tried but will tomorrow. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-20T02:50:52+00:00

    Also fresh install of Dell based windows 7 home premium

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments