Mouse Lag after Windows 10 Update 1709

Anonymous
2017-12-03T02:21:22+00:00

I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-05T15:50:34+00:00

    I have the same problem, my computer also uses amd radeon r4 and comes from Dell. tried many methods to get rid of the lag. But none of them worked. All drivers were updated to the newest. But it's just keep lagging. This had driving me crazy. However I found a solution to this. Since this is a driver issue so all we need to do is just get rid of the driver, computers work without graphic card drivers. 

    1. Right click "this PC" icon. 
    2. go to manage
    3. Click device manager
    4. Click Display adapters(click the only option under it, AMD Radeon(TM)R4 Graphics)
    5. Click Driver
    6. Click disable driver. (Try this on your own risk, I don't know anything about computers, this was just my own experience, if you tried this and it caused problems, please don't blame me, I just wanted to share my solution to this)

    After all that was done. Your PC no longer lags. But......this is only atemporality solution. Because when you pay attention to animations of switching apps or closing apps, they look worse than before. 

    Although your computer no longer lags, but the graphics do have lower qualities.

    I hope the AMD website will give me a perfect solution for this, and I also hope this can help you. 

    i did think anything work after trying many things but thanks to u bro it worked and its magic

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-11T07:40:55+00:00

    I don't feel I'm being over-dramatic when I say you've saved my computer's life. This fix worked like a charm, thank you so very much!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-16T17:30:25+00:00

    ya I have a custom built also but seems my mouse lag is in the lower left corner nearest to task bar and cortana only. but turning this off seems to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T20:41:23+00:00

    TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE WHO IS ON THIS THREAD:

    Your best option is to go to settings, update, and select the "revert back to earlier build" option, which will take you from this build (1709) to the previous one (1703). Until Microsoft officially confirms they're aware of and have fixed the bug, it's not worth staying updated.

    After you go back, Windows will download it again and try to make you reinstall. If you have the Home edition, Microsoft has blocked you from directly stopping updates and will force them on you whether you like it or not. To stop this, go to Cortana and type "services" into the bar. Scroll down the list to "Windows Update" and click it. Go to the startup dropdown and select "disable". This will render the service unable to administer any updates to your laptop.

    I was in Windows 8.1 and I tried to install windows 10 many times in the past to see if there aren't bugs, unfortunately, it will be. So I end up reverting to Windows 8.1.

    I wonder on what basis a company releases such a buggy OS and  expects users to be happy.

    Goodbye Windows 10.

    A stable OS never updated is far better to live with than a buggy OS with frequent updates.

    I was so frustrated to use abusive words, but controlled myself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-07T11:22:44+00:00

    I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?

    [Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

    Hey all:

    This is still the best solution (from a prior post).  This is not my solution as it came from another poster (who is a genius!).  Anyway, after the latest Windows rebuild, I was having the problem again.  I used the solution below and voila!  Problem fixed again. 

    Use this new solution, it's better and safer than disabling the radeon driver

    For anyone with A6-6310

    Please Don't get the latest AMD driver.  It still does not work!

    I found the previous version of the AMD drivers on their website, it does everything you wanted. 

    The good old link: 

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu/previous/detail?os=Windows+10+-+64&rev=17.2.1(best thing ever)

    Works at the following situations: I can't roll back to previous version of windows/I can't roll back to earlier version of my graphic card drive/I upgraded to windows 10 build 1709 and mouse lagged when I moved it 

    1. go to the link and download whatever version you want, they all work.
    2. run the downloaded file, just click on it
    3. do everything the driver installation process asked you
    4. done!

    Tip: when you installed it, please click costumed install if you don't want AMD problem report and AMD driver automated update in which are useless.

    Tip: For any other similar problems but with a slightly different product, please go to the below link to look for your driver, and do step 1 to 4

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/desktop-apu-drivers.aspx#a6

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments