Mouse Lag after Windows 10 Update 1709

Anonymous
2017-12-03T02:21:22+00:00

I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-11T15:07:14+00:00

    Still trying to solve this issue. It seems that it happens with everyone with Dell computers with AMD A6 Processor. Nothing seems to solve the problem. My Computer is a Dell Inspiron 3541. I tried to run the Dell Help Assist but nothing seems to solve the problem - even a new mouse driver is not available to download. 

    I have the same model and the same issue.  If I disable the device then the issue goes away.  If I do that, then I don't get full advantages of using my HDMI connected external monitor.  This is so annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-15T06:42:58+00:00

    I have the same problem, I just updated my computer and ever since I've had horrible mouse lag. its rendered my computer almost unusable. 

    running a GTX 980.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-15T14:35:31+00:00

    I uninstalled the Windows 10 update and then I rolled back my display adapter driver to one from April and now it's fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-15T17:37:10+00:00

    I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread! I am having the exact same problem as everyone else here. I updated to version 1709 and immediately after, my mouse started lagging literally every couple of seconds. I also have a Dell Inspiron 3541 with an AMD A6 processor and Radeon R4 graphics. This is driving me absolutely crazy.

    The option to uninstall the updates isn't even available, and since this issue isn't through any fault of my own, I refuse to do anything as drastic as wiping my laptop. Microsoft needs to get on this immediately and release a patch before they piss me off more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-17T02:05:33+00:00

    TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE WHO IS ON THIS THREAD:

    Your best option is to go to settings, update, and select the "revert back to earlier build" option, which will take you from this build (1709) to the previous one (1703). Until Microsoft officially confirms they're aware of and have fixed the bug, it's not worth staying updated.

    After you go back, Windows will download it again and try to make you reinstall. If you have the Home edition, Microsoft has blocked you from directly stopping updates and will force them on you whether you like it or not. To stop this, go to Cortana and type "services" into the bar. Scroll down the list to "Windows Update" and click it. Go to the startup dropdown and select "disable". This will render the service unable to administer any updates to your laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments