Hey, so the first thing I did was try reverting/updating the display/mouse drivers, which didn't work. It might work for other people though?
Mouse Lag after Windows 10 Update 1709
I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?
[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-01-02T01:46:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-01-02T01:01:23+00:00 It's very likely simply a display driver issue that you are experiencing. I encountered the exact same issue after this recent update and I was able to resolve it by updating my display driver.
It seems like it's just "mouse lag" as you describe, but test if it's the display driver by watching a video and see if the mouse pauses in unison with pauses in the video. If it does then it's a display issue.
Go into your Device Manager, select your Display Adapter, right-click and choose to update the driver. There should be updated drivers for most graphics cards by this point.
FWIW, I have a Lenovo laptop, I use the touchpad, and my graphics card is an AMD Radeon R5.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-17T02:05:33+00:00 TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE WHO IS ON THIS THREAD:
Your best option is to go to settings, update, and select the "revert back to earlier build" option, which will take you from this build (1709) to the previous one (1703). Until Microsoft officially confirms they're aware of and have fixed the bug, it's not worth staying updated.
After you go back, Windows will download it again and try to make you reinstall. If you have the Home edition, Microsoft has blocked you from directly stopping updates and will force them on you whether you like it or not. To stop this, go to Cortana and type "services" into the bar. Scroll down the list to "Windows Update" and click it. Go to the startup dropdown and select "disable". This will render the service unable to administer any updates to your laptop.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-15T17:37:10+00:00 I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread! I am having the exact same problem as everyone else here. I updated to version 1709 and immediately after, my mouse started lagging literally every couple of seconds. I also have a Dell Inspiron 3541 with an AMD A6 processor and Radeon R4 graphics. This is driving me absolutely crazy.
The option to uninstall the updates isn't even available, and since this issue isn't through any fault of my own, I refuse to do anything as drastic as wiping my laptop. Microsoft needs to get on this immediately and release a patch before they piss me off more.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-15T14:35:31+00:00 I uninstalled the Windows 10 update and then I rolled back my display adapter driver to one from April and now it's fine.