Mouse Lag after Windows 10 Update 1709

Anonymous
2017-12-03T02:21:22+00:00

I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-05T21:01:33+00:00

    For anyone with A6-6310

    Please Don't get the latest AMD driver.  It still does not work!

    I found the previous version of the AMD drivers on their website, it does everything you wanted. 

    The good old link: 

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu/previous/detail?os=Windows+10+-+64&rev=17.2.1(best thing ever)

    Works at the following situations: I can't roll back to previous version of windows/I can't roll back to earlier version of my graphic card drive/I upgraded to windows 10 build 1709 and mouse lagged when I moved it

    1. go to the link and download whatever version you want, they all work.
    2. run the downloaded file, just click on it
    3. do everything the driver installation process asked you
    4. done!

    Tip: when you installed it, please click costumed install if you don't want AMD problem report and AMD driver automated update in which are useless.

    Tip: For any other similar problems but with a slightly different product, please go to the below link to look for your driver, and do step 1 to 4

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/desktop-apu-drivers.aspx#a6

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER YOU ARE! IT WORKED! FINALLY! AMD IS THE REAL MVP HERE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-05T17:12:31+00:00

    Yes, I am also facing the same problem of mouse lagging after I update my display adapter drivers. I am using AMD A6 processor. To solve the problem I have experiment many things like diabled cortana, roll back to previous version of display adapter, change the resolution and frequency ,off the touchpad delay and finally one experiment works which is in mouse setting and in that additional mouse options in that the pointer option  I click on display pointer trail with short and this experiment sort my problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-03T12:41:25+00:00

    For anyone with A6-6310

    Please Don't get the latest AMD driver.  It still does not work!

    I found the previous version of the AMD drivers on their website, it does everything you wanted. 

    The good old link: 

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu/previous/detail?os=Windows+10+-+64&rev=17.2.1(best thing ever)

    Works at the following situations: I can't roll back to previous version of windows/I can't roll back to earlier version of my graphic card drive/I upgraded to windows 10 build 1709 and mouse lagged when I moved it

    1. go to the link and download whatever version you want, they all work.
    2. run the downloaded file, just click on it
    3. do everything the driver installation process asked you
    4. done!

    Tip: when you installed it, please click costumed install if you don't want AMD problem report and AMD driver automated update in which are useless.

    Tip: For any other similar problems but with a slightly different product, please go to the below link to look for your driver, and do step 1 to 4

    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/desktop-apu-drivers.aspx#a6

    Thank you! It helped me out :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-26T21:47:27+00:00

    Yes, thanks for the hint. I must say I suspected a graphics driver problem when the jerky motion started 2 days ago, but the latest AMD update didn't help. Using the older driver fixed my HP Pavilion with AMD A4-5000 and Radeon 8330

    Nice and smooth again now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-13T15:05:00+00:00

    Thanks for the reply.  Yes, after searching for a solution to this problem for weeks, I finally stumbled upon the same solution.

    I managed to get the link to get the previous version of the driver and the problem was fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments