I don't feel I'm being over-dramatic when I say you've saved my computer's life. This fix worked like a charm, thank you so very much!!
Mouse Lag after Windows 10 Update 1709
I updated my Dell Laptop today, (using AMD A6) after I update the system, there is a mouse lag on it. I disabled Cortana and also disable the feature of connecting people in the Taskbar, and tried to see if my touchpad driver is up to date, but I still have problems.My PC use Radeon Settings for managing the Video Driver. I tried that I saw on the Internet, but the problem is not solved. Is Anyone face the same problem?
[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-11T07:40:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-04-05T15:50:34+00:00 I have the same problem, my computer also uses amd radeon r4 and comes from Dell. tried many methods to get rid of the lag. But none of them worked. All drivers were updated to the newest. But it's just keep lagging. This had driving me crazy. However I found a solution to this. Since this is a driver issue so all we need to do is just get rid of the driver, computers work without graphic card drivers.
- Right click "this PC" icon.
- go to manage
- Click device manager
- Click Display adapters(click the only option under it, AMD Radeon(TM)R4 Graphics)
- Click Driver
- Click disable driver. (Try this on your own risk, I don't know anything about computers, this was just my own experience, if you tried this and it caused problems, please don't blame me, I just wanted to share my solution to this)
After all that was done. Your PC no longer lags. But......this is only atemporality solution. Because when you pay attention to animations of switching apps or closing apps, they look worse than before.
Although your computer no longer lags, but the graphics do have lower qualities.
I hope the AMD website will give me a perfect solution for this, and I also hope this can help you.
i did think anything work after trying many things but thanks to u bro it worked and its magic
-
Anonymous
2018-03-25T16:52:18+00:00 Thanks for finding and posting this. This problem has been driving me nuts for quite a while. I reposted your fix in a another forum discussing this issue, hopefully it will help someone there.
Your my hero of the day!!!!!!
-
Anonymous
2018-03-18T18:46:21+00:00 Hello,
Although I am not using a Dell but a custom built system, I think I may have been able to find a fix.
Try turning off interactive scrolling.
-Go to start
-Settings
-Devices
-Mouse
-then on the bottom turn off Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them.
For any who don't know, this "feature" allows you to scroll a window that is partly covered by another one. Neat but not needed.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-15T19:50:05+00:00 This also works on ACER laptops. My wife and I both have ACER laptops and when windows 10 automatic installed update 1709 the mouse would go crazy. I had to back out the update to get the mouse normal . Now it works with the update Thank You