KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T02:50:15+00:00

    In the log I saw these lines, among others, I'm wondering if they have any bearing

    Address = 0x811b1fe4 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL]

    Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

    Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

    Lets try this first, under power settings, pcie, set to moderet power savings.

    In nvidia control panel, set to variable power settings, this will let the gpu draw 

    more power when needed and less with less demanding things.

    The 3 error messages are an issue, as 32 bit app support is not avalible.

    Installing games on the c drive in another partition may help a little, but it is 

    still on the system drive.

    Are you on win10 home or pro as pro gives some more options on how window, the miscrosoft store

    and other updates get pushed to the os.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T03:03:27+00:00

    I'm still downloading the game, about half way through. 

    In Nvidia control panel there are no options for power. Only for 3D settings.

    From HD Graphics Control Panel, there is an option for power but can only select between 

    Maximum Battery, Maximum Performance, or Balanced Mode

    I'm on Windows 10 Home

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T03:10:35+00:00

    The second game which is invisible on launch, it's  now asking me to allow it to make changes when I launch it but saying the publisher is unknown, and I tried to change it to window mode, it shows up as a small vertical line on the screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T12:13:52+00:00

    The second game which is invisible on launch, it's  now asking me to allow it to make changes when I launch it but saying the publisher is unknown, and I tried to change it to window mode, it shows up as a small vertical line on the screen.

    When running a steam game if prerequisites are needed it will ask if you want to make changes installing 

    things, directx ,dot net and may also change display settings and how the game can utilize the system.

    Get used to it as your game library grows and this can happen  every time that game starts up,

    The game may have some settings you can set as a launch option from the game properties to

    make it start thy way you want, google how to run game name in window mode.

    Thee small line means it could be outbuting on another gpu, or is just minimized, try to click on

    the line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T15:00:50+00:00

    It didn't usually ask for permission before.

    When the game is in window mode it's just 3 small vertical dots. When I try to click on the line it just closes. My thought initially was the invisible window was displaying on a non-existent second screen. Xcom finished re-installing but again it's crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments