KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T13:39:58+00:00

    You would at least need 1  another drive.

    Would use gpt format, this works on esata, firewire and

    usb.

    Create new steam folder on this drive, go to the game inside steam, properties,

    select move game to that folder.

    I had issues with anything installed on the c drive, be it the steam installer or games.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T10:57:26+00:00

    I can not guarantee the results but some tips that may help.

    move your installed games to another drive then other then the system drive;

    in steam select move installed games to another drive/steam folder.

    Set the ms store for manual download, same for windows update.

    Uncheck load steam on pc start.

    set antivirus for manual updates.

    this goes for any other program that wants to get first crack at the pc when it boots; including flash player and sun java.

    update your gpu's and any other system devices and drivers.

    Been a steam user for a few years, from vista and up to win10 and win10 makes me have to work much harder to get things running and stable on each new os update.

    I would also check the event viewer at the time of these crashes as most often, I have found other things triggering just before or after.

    Hi, thanks for the help.

    I only have the C drive, I'm not sure if it would work if I move the files to an external drive.

    I already tried to update the video drivers before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T10:53:17+00:00

    Thank you for the update, Patrick.

    If the issue is within your operating system, this should have been already addressed after performing an in-place upgrade. Since the issue still persists, we'd like to verify if you have tried uninstalling and reinstall the said application to have a fresh start. Also, we'd like to know if there were updates provided by the developer of the program.

    We'll be looking forward to your response. 

    Hi, 

    I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, but it didn't work.

    Is there a way to download a new "Kernelbase.dll" file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T04:59:20+00:00

    I can not guarantee the results but some tips that may help.

    move your installed games to another drive then other then the system drive;

    in steam select move installed games to another drive/steam folder.

    Set the ms store for manual download, same for windows update.

    Uncheck load steam on pc start.

    set antivirus for manual updates.

    this goes for any other program that wants to get first crack at the pc when it boots; including flash player and sun java.

    update your gpu's and any other system devices and drivers.

    Been a steam user for a few years, from vista and up to win10 and win10 makes me have to work much harder to get things running and stable on each new os update.

    I would also check the event viewer at the time of these crashes as most often, I have found other things triggering just before or after.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T04:33:59+00:00

    Thank you for the update, Patrick.

    If the issue is within your operating system, this should have been already addressed after performing an in-place upgrade. Since the issue still persists, we'd like to verify if you have tried uninstalling and reinstall the said application to have a fresh start. Also, we'd like to know if there were updates provided by the developer of the program.

    We'll be looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments