The second game which is invisible on launch, it's now asking me to allow it to make changes when I launch it but saying the publisher is unknown, and I tried to change it to window mode, it shows up as a small vertical line on the screen.
KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted
Hello,
I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."
I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.
I would appreciate your help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-01-22T03:10:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-01-22T03:03:27+00:00 I'm still downloading the game, about half way through.
In Nvidia control panel there are no options for power. Only for 3D settings.
From HD Graphics Control Panel, there is an option for power but can only select between
Maximum Battery, Maximum Performance, or Balanced Mode
I'm on Windows 10 Home
-
Anonymous
2018-01-22T02:50:15+00:00 In the log I saw these lines, among others, I'm wondering if they have any bearing
Address = 0x811b1fe4 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Lets try this first, under power settings, pcie, set to moderet power savings.
In nvidia control panel, set to variable power settings, this will let the gpu draw
more power when needed and less with less demanding things.
The 3 error messages are an issue, as 32 bit app support is not avalible.
Installing games on the c drive in another partition may help a little, but it is
still on the system drive.
Are you on win10 home or pro as pro gives some more options on how window, the miscrosoft store
and other updates get pushed to the os.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-22T00:53:46+00:00 In the log I saw these lines, among others, I'm wondering if they have any bearing
Address = 0x811b1fe4 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
-
Anonymous
2018-01-22T00:51:46+00:00 Under "Set Physx Configuration" Physx processor was set to (Auto Select), there are "Geforce GT 755M" and "CPU", I selected "Geforce GT 755M".
Under "Manage 3D Settings" Preferred Graphics Processor was set to (Auto Select), there are "High-performance NIVIDIA Processor" and "Integrated Graphics", I selected "High-performance NIVIDIA Processor"
I deleted all the mods and deleted the saves, I created a new drive and am now downloading the game to it.