KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T04:29:28+00:00

    I do not have xcom2 but all previous games , will install and post results.

    The issue may not be with the game; what antivirus firewall or other security 

    programs are installed, list all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T03:45:18+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm on version 1709 (build 16299.125)

    Creating a new profile did not solve the issue.

    I also followed the guide to repair windows, downloaded "MediaCreationTool" and did an installation while choosing to keep the files and apps, but that did not fix the issue either.

    I also downloaded Nvidia Geforce Experience and tried optimizing the game, but that didn't help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-24T23:03:36+00:00

    Hi Patrick,

    Based on the information that you've provided, the corrupted/missing .dll file can be due to a possible corrupted user profile which may result to apps/programs crashing when launched. To ensure that we haven't missed out anything, we'd like to confirm which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.

    In addition, we suggest that you sign in using a new user account to help us determine if the implications of the missing/corrupted KERNELBASE.dll will persists on a new user profile. If the games/programs works properly on new user profile, you may need to move your files from the old profile to the new one. To create a new user account, you can follow the steps provided on this support article.

    In the event that the issue persists, our next option is to perform the repair upgrade. The repair will reinstall Windows over the existing installation of Windows 10 on your device. This will attempt to fix any corrupted/missing system files without losing any of your personal files/settings. For a detailed guide on how to perform the repair, you can follow the steps created by community MVPAndre Da Costa found on this Forum Article.

    Let us know should you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T15:00:50+00:00

    It didn't usually ask for permission before.

    When the game is in window mode it's just 3 small vertical dots. When I try to click on the line it just closes. My thought initially was the invisible window was displaying on a non-existent second screen. Xcom finished re-installing but again it's crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T12:13:52+00:00

    The second game which is invisible on launch, it's  now asking me to allow it to make changes when I launch it but saying the publisher is unknown, and I tried to change it to window mode, it shows up as a small vertical line on the screen.

    When running a steam game if prerequisites are needed it will ask if you want to make changes installing 

    things, directx ,dot net and may also change display settings and how the game can utilize the system.

    Get used to it as your game library grows and this can happen  every time that game starts up,

    The game may have some settings you can set as a launch option from the game properties to

    make it start thy way you want, google how to run game name in window mode.

    Thee small line means it could be outbuting on another gpu, or is just minimized, try to click on

    the line.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments