KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T12:08:59+00:00

    I'm not really sure how to run the prerequisites. I googled it and in one thread on steam, somebody said you should run redist. I searched the xcom folder and found vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 and ran them both. I also ran directx. I did not find any of these files in the Life is Strange folder.

    Is there and option in steam to analyze the system and also compare them to the game requirements for each game? because that's what I need I think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T04:09:54+00:00

    copied all your settings, unfortunately it did not solve the issue :(

    Run the prerequisite from within the games folder for each before launching it.

    I had to do this with xcom1 as the direct x install failed on launch, after that it started up

    with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T01:44:28+00:00

    copied all your settings, unfortunately it did not solve the issue :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T00:25:45+00:00

    for the nvidia control panel set it to let the 3d application decide. 

    on the manage 3d, program settings, if xcom is not listed add it to the list same 

    for life is strange.

    running windows defender and avg free could also be causing issues, disable 

    defender or remove avg as running 2 antivirus programs will conflict.

    I have not used avg in some years, so going to ask, does it have a firewall ?

    Reinstalling the games does not remove the mod's, you have to unsubscribe from each 

    through steam, I would first try the one that was mentioned on reddit, try each after 

    removing.

    The power options through nvidia control panel are listed under global  settings.

    You also need to set the pcie settings in win10,  1 pic

    2 pic of my settings on gtx 750, 650ti and 960 ssc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-27T05:04:31+00:00

    The other game that I'm having issues with is Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Though I'm now reinstalling it and haven't tried it after the reinstall of windows. I'm using Windows Defender, and I allowed both games on both Private and Public networks, though Xcom is listed 6 times in the list. I also have AVG free and MalawareBytes installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments