KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-29T02:42:19+00:00

    I changed the PCI settings to moderate, in geforce experience the games were unchecked from optimization somehow so I checked them again and optimized them again, I deleted the save files, and in the steam thread you linked before someone suggested deleting the config and binaries folders and then verifying the game to download them again. 

    Still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T22:29:08+00:00

    I downloaded GeForce experience just recently,  didn't have it before I reinstalled the game. I was able to try to launch the game from the program, so the path is correct. I'll try your fixes when I'm able to later today. Thanks for all your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T21:49:53+00:00

    I think I have a square enix account.  But the thing is, both these games were working before. Life is strange, I tried it when I bought it, just to open it, and it worked, and for xcom, I have about 100 hours on it. I also ran it after purchasing the expansion, but after running it, I maxed out all the graphical settings, so I'm not sure if that might be causing it to crash, though it shouldn't be, and i also think the settings were changed when I optimised the game through the Nvidia GeForce experience program, and they should have been reset when I deleted and redownloaded the game and deleted all the saves.

    Go back into geforce experience, turn off automatically  optimize games, reset xcom2 to the previous settings.

    Try to launch the game and turn down the gpu settings, if this fails, go into nvidia control panel 

    and set the parameters there.

    geforce experience may find the old install and not remove the game, even when removed using steam or think the game is in more than one location.

    Hover over the game in geforce experience, select the details, check the path.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T19:12:45+00:00

    I think I have a square enix account.  But the thing is, both these games were working before. Life is strange, I tried it when I bought it, just to open it, and it worked, and for xcom, I have about 100 hours on it. I also ran it after purchasing the expansion, but after running it, I maxed out all the graphical settings, so I'm not sure if that might be causing it to crash, though it shouldn't be, and i also think the settings were changed when I optimised the game through the Nvidia GeForce experience program, and they should have been reset when I deleted and redownloaded the game and deleted all the saves.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T18:34:53+00:00

    In steam, top, store tab, right top side search store, input name of game,should populate with 

    all the games or similar, click the appropriate game, this will show the games store page, scroll down to you see the game requirements,minimum and maximum.   

    For xcom 2

    Have you ever set up a 2k gearbox account ? or square enix account ?

    One difference betwen your systems and mine, I only have one gpu per system, be it on the cpu or a dedicated card.

    One does have an onboard gpu on the motherboard but set it to disabled and it does not load but the option to run it with a gpu is an option.

    How is steam set to run, on pc start ? how are downloads set to download in background when in game ? how are other settings like steamvr, friends online, and pop messages ?

    MINIMUM:
    - OS: Windows® 7, 64-bit - Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz - Memory: 4 GB RAM - Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better - DirectX: Version 11 - Storage: 45 GB available space - Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card - Additional Notes: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2012 and 2013 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

    RECOMMENDED:
    - OS: Windows® 7, 64-bit - Processor: 3GHz Quad Core - Memory: 8 GB RAM - Graphics: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better - Storage: 45 GB available space - Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments