I had to uninstall the Toshiba Function Key and it worked.
Toshiba flash cards app is preventing shutdown
When closing down my laptop the following message pops up...Toshiba flashcards app is preventing shutdown. I have never seen this before various "new" items were downloaded in an automatic update. I uninstalled it in programmes, but it still keeps popping up...help!
[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-02-17T05:51:41+00:00 Hi Ron,
The Flash Card app that was mentioned may be causing conflicts and hinder the laptop to shutdown. In line with your concern, we'd like to confirm if you've already tried the suggested steps on this thread to disable the app. If you haven't done it yet, please try to do so.
Also, we recommend that you check the posts provided by JonathanChandler and DaveM121 on this thread as another troubleshooting steps that you can perform. The post was also marked as an answer.
We're just here if you need further help.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-21T19:04:44+00:00 I have the same problem when I shut down my laptop.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-23T20:32:06+00:00 I have still not sorted this problem but will try the options suggested by numerous correspondents.
Just ignoring it at the moment and just close down manually over riding the prompt.
Phil
-
Anonymous
2018-02-26T23:19:42+00:00 lI'm confused. I still have the problem and I keep getting messages to send a reply . It still prevents shutting down.