Toshiba flash cards app is preventing shutdown

Anonymous
2017-12-19T10:57:58+00:00

When closing down my laptop the following message pops up...Toshiba flashcards app is preventing shutdown.  I have never seen this before various "new" items were downloaded in an automatic update.  I uninstalled it in programmes, but it still keeps popping up...help!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-12-25T18:01:11+00:00

I had to uninstall the Toshiba Function Key and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T19:47:21+00:00

    Hi i updated the function key driver at toshiba website and this solved the problem many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T02:29:50+00:00

    I had the same problem and I solved it.  Just visit Toshiba support site and download the function key driver version 1.1.15.4 for Windows 10. After installation is completed, the problem will be gone. Cheers!!

    Hi, visited Toshiba UK and tried to find this and was unable to find the driver. I am now going through Toshiba UK community support forum to try and resolve this now. 

    Thanks to all the replies thus far, let you know what happens. 

    Regards

    Phil.

    Hi, please follow this link https://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=3621449&osId=26 and you will be able to download the function key driver.  Have a nice day !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T08:18:52+00:00

    I had the same problem and I solved it.  Just visit Toshiba support site and download the function key driver version 1.1.15.4 for Windows 10. After installation is completed, the problem will be gone. Cheers!!

    Hi, visited Toshiba UK and tried to find this and was unable to find the driver. I am now going through Toshiba UK community support forum to try and resolve this now. 

    Thanks to all the replies thus far, let you know what happens. 

    Regards

    Phil.

    Hi, please follow this link https://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=3621449&osId=26 and you will be able to download the function key driver.  Have a nice day !!

    Hi Willy Lee, thanks for the help on this, all done thank you.  Worked a treat. 

    Regards Phil (in the UK)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T16:46:17+00:00

    When closing down my laptop the following message pops up...Toshiba flashcards app is preventing shutdown.  I have never seen this before various "new" items were downloaded in an automatic update.  I uninstalled it in programmes, but it still keeps popping up...help!

    [Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments