I had to uninstall the Toshiba Function Key and it worked.
Toshiba flash cards app is preventing shutdown
When closing down my laptop the following message pops up...Toshiba flashcards app is preventing shutdown. I have never seen this before various "new" items were downloaded in an automatic update. I uninstalled it in programmes, but it still keeps popping up...help!
[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-03-19T11:24:20+00:00 pleas hilp me to shutdown toshiba flash card program on my divice thate it brevent my diviae shutdown
-
Anonymous
2018-03-02T21:39:18+00:00 This solution resolved the problem.
My question is this. Why hasn't Microsoft resolved this problem since it occurred after installing Microsoft updates?
-
Anonymous
2018-03-02T20:34:44+00:00 FYI, I was able to find and disable the TOSHIBA Function Key Main Module in Task Manager rather than uninstall the TOSHIBA Function Key app in Settings>Apps. The problem was gone after I restarted my computer. When shutting down or restarting NOW, the message still appears that the [computer] is closing the flash cards app, but the message then disappears and the computer does, in fact, shut down without my having to click on "shut down anyway." I hope this helps others who may be experiencing the same problem. I really did not want to totally uninstall [delete] the function key feature of my computer! I still do not understand why this problem occurred in the first place, because it was a new development that did not exist before. It may have begun after I installed some updates, but I did notice a temporal association at the time. Thank you for this forum that suggested a direction for resolving my problem initially.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-27T11:06:22+00:00 I have still not sorted this problem but will try the options suggested by numerous correspondents.
Just ignoring it at the moment and just close down manually over riding the prompt.
Phil
Okay tried one of the options suggested:
"Run msconfig on the startup tab, deselect the Toshiba Flash Cards application, click okay and restart the system"
by running msconfig from the start and being directed to finding the start up tab in task manager, no Toshiba Flashcards application mentioned except Toshiba Function Key Maintanance. Not sure what to do next?
Phil.