The Problem is still there. It just happened now.
I also checked the updates: all available updates installed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1709. System, including on board USB, works fine until I plug into the motherboard connectors with external USB devices - card reader, front side usb ports. Then when I go to windows, Cortana box and Start menu and task bar are inoperable. When I shut down, I get the Taskhost is stopping..... message.
Have done the clean install several times and also did System File Checker.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The Problem is still there. It just happened now.
I also checked the updates: all available updates installed.
We appreciate the information. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:
In the meantime, we recommend performing a clean boot. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link. In the clean boot environment, check if you'll still experience your concern.
Note: Please go through the section: Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.
For any results, just send us a reply.
Hi,
I have the same problem. It came outta nowhere. I've not got any updates lately or installed something new (beside games)
I don't know what this is, why and how to solve it.
Have you been able to fix it? If yes, how?
This really sucks.
Regard,
Seppe
Hi Seppe,
This issue with Taskhost may occur due to a corrupted or broken system file component. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:
In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the previous troubleshooting we've provided in this thread regarding performing a clean boot. Also, you may check if your computer is up to date by following the instructions listed here.
For any results, just send us a reply.
Hi,
I currently have windows 10 home 64bits (10.0, build 16299)
I did not recall making any changes prior to the issue. Windows and drivers are up to date.
There are no viruses. I will send a screenshot of I get it again and if it'll alow me to take one ;).
I did not really tried any troubleshooting programs or steps yet. Restarting did nothing.
Do you need an DxDiag file?
And I do not lose anything with a clean reboot right?
Thnx for the help,
Seppe