I have the same question.
Taskhost is stopping ... device install reboot required
I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1709. System, including on board USB, works fine until I plug into the motherboard connectors with external USB devices - card reader, front side usb ports. Then when I go to windows, Cortana box and Start menu and task bar are inoperable. When I shut down, I get the Taskhost is stopping..... message.
Have done the clean install several times and also did System File Checker.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-07T02:15:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-10-30T20:15:32+00:00 Hi Eric,
This issue might occur due to motherboard, USB ports and chipsets are not compatible with the latest Windows update. We suggest that you get in touch with your device manufacturer for an in-depth assistance in updating your BIOS.
Regards.